I have neglected my blogging. And the reading of blogs of fellow bloggers. Picture a mole diving underground from internet interaction. Yep, that it is a little like me.
A List of What I’ve Been Doing:
– gone a week’s holiday, on a boat, on the water.
– avoided the midday sun on said holiday, managed to avoid being burnt to a cinder.
– started a notebook of short stories ‘Book of Drabbles’ wherein I give myself permission to write anything, dribbling and drabbling or with passion and fervour.
– found rewriting book one of The Many Trials of a Blacksmith to be like a coughing car which starts some times and refuses point-blank to work on other occasions.
– read books. Lots and lots of books.
– learning to
stall a car drive a car (the L is for Learner not for Life-endangerer)
– taking great joy in informing folk of the meaning of defenestration (which is the act of throwing someone or something out of a window).
– reading through the Psalms; so many beautiful verses.
Happy writing and living 🙂
4 thoughts on “Confessions”
Sometimes the best thing to do is take a break 🙂 The internet and technology can be so overwhelming, it is everywhere all the time! It can be refreshing to just step back from it.
Yes, very true. I go through seasons of very internet savvy and then … Nothing. Zilch. Ps congrats with all your hard work on your books. I go away, come back and you’re suddenly marketing the books I watched you begin! 🙂
The internet will always be there 😀 So it’s good to step back from it and remember it’s not the centre of life (something I sometimes forget!).
Thank you!! I’m so excited, it has been an amazing ride, can’t believe they’re coming out tomorrow! 🙂
You’re joking! Tomorrow? Am speechless, I’ll have to nab you for an interview at some point 😀 seriously though, I’m excited for you!