I’m a hoarder of books. Worse, I’m a hoarder of books that I put aside and think ah, yes – I will read that later. Forgetting, of course, that later never really comes.
Over the years, I have gathered a large number of books in that category. I have not counted. I am ashamed to. I feel as if I have engorged myself in a gluttonous way. No more! THE TREES DID NOT SACRIFICE THEIR PULP IN VAIN!
So here I am – stepping up to the mark and declaring (in a loud voice, with arms spread out just as I’m sure someone has done somewhere at sometime):
NO MORE. I WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER BOOK, ANOTHER TOME, ANOTHER VOLUME … UNTIL FORTY-FIVE UNREAD MEMBERS OF MY LIBRARY HAVE BEEN READ.
*awed silence fills the air with … a silence that is awed*
- I cannot buy or borrow in ebook, paperback, hardback, papyrus, scroll, or word document form any books at all until the prescribed forty-five books have been read.
- Unread books qualify as long as I have them on either my kindle or bookshelf. Stealing books and putting them on my shelves do not count and those who seek for loopholes shall be prosecuted.
- Any books given/or ordered before the 1st of December do count
- Books are defined as: ebooks, paperback, hardback, comic, and yes – children’s books. All genres are accepted.
- I can count current reads on the list.
- Books read before the 1st of December do not count
- Rereads are permitted, but do not count towards the forty-five
- Did Not Finishes do count but only if page 100 has been reached and as long as a post appears either on this blog or on my Instagram account explaining why I DNF-d.
- Stiff Upper Lip, Jeeves by P.G Wodehouse
- The Screwtape Letters by C.S.Lewis
- Dragon’s Blood by Jane Yolen
- Till We Have Faces by C.S.Lewis
- The Outlaws of Sherwood by Robin Mckinley
- Glorious Weakness by Alia Joy
- Giver of Roses by Kathleen Morgan
- Poems Of World War I
- Paragon Walk by Anne Perry
- Deadwood by Kyle Robert Shultz
- The Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut
- For Elise by Hayden Wand
- The Conquror by Georgette Heyer
- Cousin Kate by Georgette Heyer
- Simon The Coldheart by Georgette Heyer
- Pagan In Exile by Catherine Jinks
- The Spirit Level by Richard Wilkinson & Kate Pickett
- The Ministry of Truth by Dorian Lynsky
- Scaramouch by Rafael Sabatini
- The Republic of Thieves by Scott Lynch
- The Lady of Kingdoms by Suzannah Rowntree
- Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier
- The Magnolia Sword by Sherry Thomas
- The Colour of Magic by Terry Prachett
- The Code of The Woosters by P.G. Wodehouse
- A Natural History of Dragons by Marie Brennan
- Out of The Silent Planet by C.S.Lewis
- Just One Damned Thing After Another by Jodie Taylor
Books I Wish To Buy At The End Of The Ban:
- Dan Carlin’s The End is Always Near
- Letters to a Young Poet by Rainer Maria Rilke
- A Grief Observed by C.S Lewis
- Emma by Jane Austen (I KNOW!)
- The Assassins by Bernard Lewis
- The Lady Trent series
- January Snow